Friday, October 1, 2010

Y&T, Millenium Music Hall, Cardiff 300910

In what now seems to be their annual visit to Cardiff (and long may that continue), Y&T turned in a blistering 2 and a 1/4 hour set thoroughly enjoyed by a 1,000 strong crowd at Cardiff's Millenium Music Hall.
.
With good friends and local heroes Tygertailz as support, the throng were warmed up nicely by the time the 2010 version of Y&T took to the stage, namely Dave Meniketti (vocals, lead guitar), John Nymann (rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Mike Vanderhule (drums, percussion, backing vocals) and Brad Lang, who is a replacement on bass for Phil Kennemore (recovering from cancer).

.
Dave pics

.










.
Set list (something like)
.
On With The Show (my you tube clip)
Don't Wanna Lose
Mean Streak
Don't Stop Runnin' (my you tube clip)
Shine On
Midnight In Tokyo (my you tube clip)
If You Want Me
Rock & Roll's Gonna Save the World (my you tube clip)
I'm Coming Home
I Believe In You
Black Tiger
Mike's Drum Solo
Barroom Boogie
Eyes Of A Stranger
Hurricane
I'll Cry For You
Blind Patriot
Dirty Girl
Summertime Girls
Forever
Open Fire
Rescue Me (my you tube clip)
.
Band pics
.
John and Dave
.
John, Brad and Dave
.Mike, John and Brad
.
John and Brad
.
Y&T 2010
.
.
What a great, underrated, band - but not underrated by those who know better.
.
All pics (c) the webmaster.

No comments: