Sunday, January 25, 2009

Newport away and stuff

We now enter a very barren period for us followers of proper club (not 'regional') rugby.
.
After next Saturday's visit to Newport, Ebbw don't have a home league fixture until 28th February.
.
Point number 1: I won't be going to Newport. I don't like the club, the supporters, their attitude, the ground, and I won't give them any of my allegedly hard earned money. In fact, I wouldn't give them the peel off my orange.
.
#2: I won't be going to Llanelli on Tuesday 10th February (who does these fixtures?). Ditto all of the above comments.
.
#3: Why oh why do club sides who have no International players have to stop playing when the 6 Nations is on? It drives the devil into me. I like the 6 Nations on TV, but not as much as standing in the cold and the rain watching the Vale - weird I know, but there you are.
.
I suppose the best we can hope for is a decent draw in the next round of the Cup to be played on 21st February. Knowing my luck it'll be away to either Newport or Llanelli - see points 1 and 2!. Let's hope it's Llantwit Fardre home!

1 comment:

Chaz said...

Excellently put my boy! Fully backed on that note!!